09 January 2009

Bob's Take on...Milton Bradley

As the Cubs officially welcomed Milton Bradley at Wrigley Field yesterday after signing a 3-year, $30 million deal, I couldn't help from noticing that some local media and radio station callers had been criticizing him before he even got here. The fact that the Cubs will be his fifth team in five years is the biggest one I remember. But let's remember another thing: In the same time, the Cubs have gone through Jeromy Burnitz, Jacque Jones, Cliff Floyd, and Kosuke Fukudome.

I know he's got a history, but I will be one of the first ones to give Bradley a fair shake. During his press conference he addressed that "It's the past, if we can leave it there. I've seen a lot of cute headlines about me, talking about everything, people I never met speaking about me. I think it's not very intelligent to speak about someone you never met."

Do I think that Bradley and manager Lou Piniella might butt heads at some point during the year? I don't doubt it. Should I question his durability a little considering he has only played in 100 games in 3 seasons in his 9-year career? Maybe. But, to quote a certain billboard after the Fukudome signing last winter, Let his bat do the talking.

No comments:

Followers

 
free-website-hit-counters.com
free hit counter code