01 February 2009

Bob's Official SB XLIII pick

Steelers. I won't drag it out. I LOVE the story of the Cardinals, how Kurt Warner made a comeback all the way to an MVP candidacy and a shot at a Super Bowl with a second team, after toiling in New York for a year. But smart money just says Pittsburgh.

Sure, Arizona's QB and top 2 receiving threats are starters for the Pro Bowl, Pitt's got 2 guys on defense that actually got votes for MVP. That doesn't happen. MVP nowadays is a de facto offensive player of the year. They can pressure Warner rushing just 3 or 4. They also run a 3-4 defense, with a ton of schemes and tricks. They could show blitz, then back off. They have D-ends that are fast enough to drop back in the flat. They runs stunts that create holes for the linebackers.

I thought that if it turns into a shootout, I figured Arizona would win. Ben Roethlisberger wouldn't be able to run an efficient enough offense to keep up with the Warner-Fitzgerald-Boldin combo. But after mulling it over for a few days, I just couldn't see that happening. Pittsburgh will turn this into a smashmouth, hard hitting football game.

Give me one bet, and I'll take the Steelers and give the seven points. But if you give me options, I would go with 2 teasers: Arizona +7 and the Over (47); and Pittsburgh -7 and the Under.

Miscellaneous thoughts a tidbits:
  • Larry Fitz has got some REALLY nice teeth.
  • On the prop bet of the over under of on Jennifer Hudson's National Anthem, gimme the under
  • Bruce Springsteen would not have been my first choice for the half time show
  • Looking forward more to the commercials than the halftime show
  • I will actually be at work during the Super Bowl, but at least they have HDTVs
  • The official pick for the final: Pittsburgh 23, Arizona 13

No comments:

Followers

 
free-website-hit-counters.com
free hit counter code