14 December 2008

Ron Jaworski: from the doghouse to the penthouse

A few years ago, I hated Ron Jaworski, NFL analyst on ESPN an color analyst alongside Tony Kornheiser and Mike Tirico on Monday Night Football. But in the past 2 years, I've grown to admire him for this fact: the guy does more film study than any other analyst at the network. Call it coming from a quarterback, but show me someone else at ESPN that breaks down as much film as Jaws. (I'm looking at you, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, Tim Hasselbeck, etc.)

The reason I was a Jaworski hater was because he was just so loud. He seemed to command everyone's attention...all the time. Maybe it's because of his move to MNF. Maybe I was just naive. But I'm sure that now when I see Ron Jaworski, I know to trust his opinion because he's done his research.

No comments:

Followers

 
free-website-hit-counters.com
free hit counter code